If you are like most of the adult population in the United States, you probably aren't getting enough sleep. It's tough to get in the recommend seven or eight hours a night when you are also trying to balance work, family and friends and still find five minutes to yourself. The result of all this hurry and worry is that we're not getting enough sleep and the evidence is showing up under our eyes. Dark circles and bags are tell-tale signs that you aren’t getting enough rest. Thankfully, makeup is here to rescue us. Some well-placed product and quality tools can banish the bags and leave us looking far more rested than we actually feel.
So what is the best way to cover up those dark circles? Here are some of our favorite tools and tips to get the job done. See if they work for you!
Get These Tools
- A tapered concealer brush. These brushes are great at getting into the small corners of your eyes so you can get the concealer exactly where you need it. They are great at building coverage, too, so you can get the layering that you need.
- A blending brush. These small, fluffy brushes are perfect for blending out your concealer so the final look is flawless. You'll look more natural when you blend properly and you’ll be happier with the final result.
- A high-quality concealing palette. The best makeup palettes for concealing dark under-eye circles is going to contain a variety of shades and different colors of concealer. That's because you don't just need a tone that matches your skin; various shades are going to be good for various undereye issues.
Use These Tips
- Prep the undereye area. Skipping this step can lead to makeup products settling into the fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes, making you look older and no less tired. Use a good moisturizer and primer to protect the skin under the eye and prepare it for the concealer.
- Tap and blend. When applying the concealer, you'll want to tap it onto the corners of your eyes and then blend it out. Don't rub. Not only will this basically remove the product entirely, it could end up stretching and damaging the skin under your eyes and make your undereye problems much worse. Be gentle with the delicate skin under your eyes.
- Keep it there. Set the concealer with some finishing powder, lightly brushed over the concealer to keep it in place and to help it last throughout the day. A good finishing spray can help, too, and help the makeup look more natural.
Want your undereye area to look better than ever? We have everything you need. From high-quality makeup brushes to contouring palettes with every shade you need, you'll find it all at Blank Canvas Cosmetics. Place an order with us today and enjoy our line of high quality color palettes and makeup brushes that help you look your very best.
It's easy to get stuck in a makeup rut. You find a look that works for you and you stick with it! Unfortunately, that look that worked for you 10 or 20 years ago probably isn't working for you now. Our faces change so much as we age and it's important to work with the [...]
Most of us don't start using makeup brushes when we start using makeup. We might get a couple cheap tubes of product at the local drug store and start experimenting. For some of us, that opens up a gateway to the wonderful world of makeup and we can't wait to get our hands on more! [...]
Just like clothes have come in and out of fashion over the last century, so have different eye makeup trends. From the early 20th century to today, trends have varied from dramatic, bold liner and colorful eyeshadows to bare, understated looks. Curious about what was trendy when? Read on for a complete list of eye [...]
If you are a lipstick lover, it’s about time you invested in a quality lip brush. Some people are under the impression that lip brushes are superfluous, but if you are looking for a perfect pout, they are essential. Lip brushes not only make your lipstick look better, they also offer a host of other [...]
Everyone has certain go-to makeup products that they always rock, but sticking to the same makeup routine day after day can get boring. You may find that slapping the same products on your face every day has become a chore, and you feel uninspired by your look. Alternatively, you could find that your makeup routine [...]
You may be curious about highlighting and contouring your face, but aren’t sure if you can pull it off. After all, if you have ever seen someone with a bad contour job, you know that it can be a difficult skill to master. However, when done right, contouring and highlighting can bring out your best [...]
You looked like a goddess this morning when you first applied your makeup, but as the day went on, all of your hard work faded and you were left with a smudged mess on your face at the end of the day. Fading makeup is a common problem, hence why there are so many different [...]
Now that the weather is getting cold and winter is right around the corner, you will be hardpressed to find the opportunity to naturally get that sunkissed look. Fortunately, the world of beauty has endowed us with solutions to pretty much every issue of this kind. For this one, there’s bronzer! Bronzer is a product [...]
When you love makeup as much as we do here at Blank Canvas Cosmetics, everyone knows. In fact, your friends and family might feel like they need to stage an intervention! It may have started with a single lipstick here or an eyeshadow there, but now, it’s a full-blown addiction. You know you spend too [...]